SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) is a cloud-based platform that provides a variety of services for businesses, such as analytics, integration, and application development. It differs from other SAP products and platforms in several ways:
- Cloud-based: SAP BTP is a cloud-based platform, which means that it is accessed and managed via the internet, rather than through on-premises software. This allows for more flexibility and scalability, as well as easier access to the latest updates and features.
- Open and extensible: SAP BTP is built on open standards and provides a variety of tools and services for integrating with other systems and platforms. This allows businesses to easily extend and customize the platform to meet their specific needs.
- Comprehensive: SAP BTP provides a wide range of services and capabilities, including analytics, integration, and application development. This allows businesses to use a single platform to meet a variety of needs, rather than having to use multiple platforms or products.
- Microservices oriented: SAP BTP services are organized into microservices, which allow for more granular control over the services and resources you consume, enabling you to pay only for what you need.
- Multi-cloud: SAP BTP allows businesses to deploy their applications and services on multiple public cloud providers, providing more flexibility in terms of infrastructure and cost.
- Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS): SAP BTP is a PaaS, which allows businesses to build, deploy, and run applications and services on the platform without having to worry about the underlying infrastructure.
- SAP Business Technology Platform (SAP BTP) is not an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solution on its own, but it can be used in conjunction with other SAP products, such as SAP S/4HANA, to provide ERP capabilities.
SAP BTP can be used to develop and run custom applications and services that integrate with SAP S/4HANA, or to provide analytics and reporting capabilities on top of the data stored in SAP S/4HANA. It can also be used in together with other SAP products and platforms, such as SAP Cloud Platform, to provide a comprehensive solution for businesses.